Things to Do
• Wear your Plunge costume right under the outfit you wear to the event. This way, you don’t have to worry about changing and can stay
• Wear a costume that’s appropriate and non-discriminatory. Anyone wearing an offensive costume will not be allowed to Plunge.
• Bring along warm clothes to wear after you Plunge that are easy to put on. The last thing you want to deal with when you’re cold and wet are zippers and buttons!
• Carpool. Parking can be crowded, so grab your friends and come as a group!
• Invite a friend to watch, take pictures and hold onto your dry stuff for you.
• Leave valuables at home or with a friend. Special Olympics South Dakota is not responsible for items that are lost or stolen.
• Leave yourself plenty of time to make it to the Plunge location. Be sure to arrive early to give yourself plenty of time to register, change
and get ready.
Things NOT to Do
• Do NOT dive or flip into the water. This is a safety precaution for all Plungers that is strictly enforced by the Dive Team.
• Do not Plunge after drinking alcohol. Intoxicated people will not be permitted to Plunge.
• Do not run out of the water after you Plunge. Everything is wet and slippery, so be careful as you make your way to the changing tents and