Event Cancellation Policy
We reserve the right to delay, shorten or, postpone, or cancel an event due to inclement weather. The safety of participants is our number one priority. We will make all possible attempts to keep everyone informed of any changes made to an event. Make sure to follow us on Twitter and Facebook to have the most up to date information regarding Plunges.
No refunds will be offered if an event is cancelled, but we will make sure that all participants who earned incentive prizes receive their prize.
Charitable contributions made to the Polar Plunge are non-refundable.
We strongly encourage participants to wear costumes at our Plunges. Please note that costumes must be tasteful and non-discriminatory. We reserve the right to ask any person or team wearing an inappropriate costume to leave.
Things to Do
– Wear your Plunge costume right under the outfit you wear to the event. You don’t have to worry about changing and can stay warm longer!
– Wear a costume that’s appropriate and non-discriminatory. Anyone wearing an offensive costume will not be allowed to Plunge.
– Bring along warm clothes to wear after you Plunge that are easy to put on. Zippers and button are no fun when you’re cold and wet!
– Carpool. Parking can be crowded, so grab your friends and come as a group!
– Invite a friend to watch, take pictures and hold onto your dry stuff for you.
– Leave valuables at home or with a friend. Special Olympics South Dakota is not responsible for items that are lost or stolen.
– Leave yourself plenty of time to make it to the Plunge location. You’ll need plenty of time to register, change and get ready.
Things NOT to Do
– Do NOT dive or flip into the water. This is a safety precaution for all Plungers that is strictly enforced by the Dive Team.
– Do not Plunge after drinking alcohol. Intoxicated people will not be permitted to Plunge.
– Do not run out of the water after you Plunge. Everything is wet and slippery, so be careful as you make your way to the changing tents and hot tubs.